Translate

Saturday 28 May 2016

[MISC] Contemplating whether to celebrate your 21st Birthday? Here are some tips!

Dear Readers,

Are you considering whether you should celebrate your 21st birthday? Too much of a hassle? Too lazy to plan? Worried no one will turn up? Worried about costs? Worried you get shitty presents that's not worth the price you paid per head? No worries, this post will help you make the right decision!

Read on to find out more about why you should/ should not celebrating your 21st birthday!

Some of my friends asked me: Why is a 21st birthday so special that people have to celebrate it? Don't everyone turn 19. 22, 23, etc. once in a lifetime? 

My response: True, but the age of 21 is when you become legal to do many things, and when you get a whole lot more of responsibilities. It's the age when you are granted a lot more freedom and have higher accountability of your actions. Therefore, it is worth celebrating, and your celebration party can be a platform to catch up with friends that you haven't had the time to catch up with.

Is it too much of a hassle?
Depends on how large scale you want your celebration to be. I had a relatively simple one, with a mini activity to get everyone actively participating and entertained at the same time. So I had to prepare prizes for winning individuals and activity cards printed for the Bingo game. I also had a photobooth so I had to do up all the decorations and props, more pictures on this below(:

Location wise, I booked my venue 2 weeks in advanced and settled my food menu quite quickly with the hotel. My two-tiered birthday cake was ordered from my cousin's friend and was considered quite cheap, I got it at about $130, which is considered the cheaper end of two-tier cakes.

Too lazy to plan?
If you're a lazy person and your family and friends are also lazy to help you plan for your party, then celebrating will be a pain in the ass for you especially if you're not good at planning. Thankfully, for me, my family and friends were very supportive and helped me alot in giving me ideas and helping me out with the deco. Kudos to them <3

No money to celebrate? 
Celebrating doesn't mean you need to burn a hole in the pocket. I didn't spend that much on my party. For my decorations (photos will be shown below), I spent about $40 at most? Not kidding. My backdrop, table cloth, some table deco were purchased from Daiso. Balloons were purchased from the party store near Bencoolen Street. All the photobooth props were printed from home and handmade. Some props were also taken from home.

Depends on you really; One of my close friends recently celebrated at Park Royal @ Pickering. He booked the Presidential Suite for about 2k and catered food for his guests. He also ordered his cake from Plain Vanilla for 200 over dollars. So overall, he spent a lot more than I did although I sort of booked the entire hotel cafe and had a seafood buffet for my guests.

Also, another tip, if you have low budget, just plan to celebrate with a closer group of friends and family.

Shitty presents?
Do not set high expectations of your gifts. If you think about that, it might make you a lot more miserable. Anyway, it's always the thought that counts right? To me, having my friends attend my party is already the best gift, really!

So here are some of my 21st birthday pictures:


















That's about it, folks! If you're interested, I celebrated my birthday at Bayview Hotel and stayed there for the night too! Feel free to comment below to find out more. Don't forget to follow me on Miss Lee's Life Story (:

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment